Wednesday, February 04, 2009

lego genius

This morning my friend sent me a link to a recent post from Christoph Niemann's "Abstract City" blog in the New York Times. I like Legos, and I like New York. But what do you get when you put them together? Take a peek below at the sampling of a few of my favorites to see for yourself (and then click on the link above to see even more).

Welcome, friends, to New York City...

9 comments:

Emily said...

Aren't those great? My favorite was the bag in the tree. We see that all the time on our street. Yeah we live in the ghetto. Sigh.

P.S. Chume: to ruminate or ponder while eating.

Lindsay said...

I loved the bag one, too. I thought I'd put it up here, but I guess I accidentally left it out. Anyway, it's there now.

And thanks for the link. Lego NY -- pure genius. I will forever see Legos in a whole new way.

Linda said...

Speaking of plastic bags in trees, have you read "Gone to New York" by Ian Frazier? You would pretty much love it. Some of my favorite chapters are about bags in trees.

vdg family said...

Interesting how something so simple can mean so much (sniff)j/k. I think the rodent one is my fave.

Mandy said...

I love the bag one. It also happens in Indiana, I have one in my front tree as we speak.

heath said...

Wow, someone has a lot of time on their hands . . . and a really active imagination!

Emily said...

When I read the first part of your post I was expecting pictures of intricate Empire State Buildings and enormous subway systems. I got a kick out of how simple these are--very clever, very funny.

Peter and Mandy said...

The rodent one was my favorite. I had to look a little longer to see the legs.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Wally and Jimmy would love this post, seeing as they are lego-maniacs. I'll have to pass it on for sure!