Dear Caleb,
Today you are three months old and, during this week of Thanksgiving, I want to tell you some of the reasons why I am so thankful for you.
I am thankful that you are growing strong. You have outgrown your 0-3 month wardrobe in favor of the adorable outfits in the 3-6 month size. I am thankful that you are overall a healthy baby boy, especially so now that you are being treated for reflux. As I watch you suck on your fingers in an effort to self-soothe, I realize that you are starting to emerge from those dark and difficult newborn days, and consequently life for both of us is becoming more pleasant.
I am thankful that you are now sharing a room with your brother. You occasionally disturb each other during the night, which is to be expected, and which I presume will continue so long as you are roommates, but overall you have made the transition from the cradle in my room to the crib in your room pretty successfully. I am thankful that, for a child of your age, you sleep well through the night, only waking once to eat (and occasionally once or twice more, for which you require a little bit of help to fall back asleep). I am thankful, too, that you are inching your way closer to settling into a more predictable daytime routine.
I am thankful for your smiles, which you dole out so frequently. I am especially tickled by the contented grins you give me when I put you into a clean diaper. I am so happy to have discovered that you can laugh, and I am thrilled that you are ticklish. I love your coos and the conversations we have when you are especially giddy.
I am thankful for your developing personality. I am thankful that you are YOU and not a clone, both in physical appearance and in temperament, of your older brother. I love you, my sweet Caleb, and I am so thankful that you are mine.
Love,
Mama
4 comments:
I can't wait to meet Caleb!
So precious!
Sweet words and even sweeter pictures!
Happy 3 months Caleb!!
What a cute little guy! It must be so fun to go through new mommyhood again and for the FIRST time with Caleb.
Post a Comment