1. Hot Mint Malt. We tried this hot chocolate recipe Sunday night and oh my it was divine.
6 York Peppermint Patties
5 cups milk
1/2 cup chocolate malted milk powder
1 tsp vanilla
whipped cream
In crock pot, combine mint patties with milk, malted milk powder, and vanilla. Heat on low for 2 hours. Beat with electric mixer until frothy. Pour into cups; top with whipped cream. Melt because of the sheer goodness of this winter weather drink.
2. This guy. Thanks to my dad who clued me into this viral video. Be sure to watch the whole thing -- the awesomeness only increases. And if you like this one, here's another.
3. Help for my hands. I finally got in to see a doctor about my painfully dry hands and wrists. Turns out I have eczema, which, yeah -- not a good thing. But the fact that I was sent home with a prescription to treat it definitely is.
4. The Yankee's 27th World Series win. Okay, so I'm not much of a baseball fan, but my current address makes me a New Yorker, so -- Go Team!
5. Free photo shoots. Blake's old co-worker turned professional photographer, Andrea, is in town from Berlin. She's working to beef up the portraits of children in her portfolio and volunteered to take pictures of my boys. The photo shoot was this morning and was just about as successful as I could reasonably expect. We got some darling shots of both boys individually, but when it came time to take pictures of them together, things kind of fell apart: as soon as Garrett was in a cooperative mood, Caleb started crying; once Caleb's tears were calmed, Garrett lost interest in sitting still. C'est la vie. I'll share highlights when we get the picture files from Andrea in a few weeks.
6. Brooklyn buddies. I belong to a fantastic circle of friends here. I can always count on these fine ladies for good conversation, empathy, and to rescue me from rotten days. The other night most of us were able to get together for ice cream. The reason for the gathering was actually a sad one as one of our group is moving upstate later this week. But we nonetheless managed to have a great time talking and laughing about this and that.

4. The Yankee's 27th World Series win. Okay, so I'm not much of a baseball fan, but my current address makes me a New Yorker, so -- Go Team!
5. Free photo shoots. Blake's old co-worker turned professional photographer, Andrea, is in town from Berlin. She's working to beef up the portraits of children in her portfolio and volunteered to take pictures of my boys. The photo shoot was this morning and was just about as successful as I could reasonably expect. We got some darling shots of both boys individually, but when it came time to take pictures of them together, things kind of fell apart: as soon as Garrett was in a cooperative mood, Caleb started crying; once Caleb's tears were calmed, Garrett lost interest in sitting still. C'est la vie. I'll share highlights when we get the picture files from Andrea in a few weeks.
6. Brooklyn buddies. I belong to a fantastic circle of friends here. I can always count on these fine ladies for good conversation, empathy, and to rescue me from rotten days. The other night most of us were able to get together for ice cream. The reason for the gathering was actually a sad one as one of our group is moving upstate later this week. But we nonetheless managed to have a great time talking and laughing about this and that.
from left: Martha, Emily, Kelly, June, Ashley, me, and Melanie
What good things are you loving today?
6 comments:
It was fabulous the other night. Thanks for the video--got to show that to my fam. They'll love it!
That mint malt sounds sooo good! Must try.
Hot chocolate in a crock pot?! I love crock pots!
Sorry to hear about the eczema! I get it too during this time of year, it's no fun!
I'm so going to miss you guys!! Thanks for making that night so fun!!
I love chocolate mint! I will have to try your recipe.
My palms are still sweaty from watching that video. I spent the whole time going "Ohmygosh!!" and grasping my neck. Like I was the one on the bike. Think of how his mother must worry! ;)
Thanks for the recipe, looks amazing. And you and your friends are so cute!
Post a Comment