It is bittersweet watching you grow up. I miss my tiny baby, but I love my talented six-month-old. They say that six months is a pivotal age, and I couldn't agree more. Everyday, it seems, you surprise me with another new trick. Here is a little of what you've been up to lately.
Your happiness seems to have exploded. You laugh spontaneously, and listening to your ticklish chuckle makes me want to giggle right along with you. You smile more, now, too. I adore it when you, while sitting in my lap, crook your neck and wrinkle your brow to look up at me and, once you're assured that I'm still there, burst into a mile-wide grin.
You've recently become more vocal, as if you've discovered that you like the sound of your voice. I often catch you babbling to yourself as you play and singing to yourself as I feed you. And speaking of eating, you're no small fry in that department! Despite an initial look of disgust when I give you a new food to try, you nevertheless gobble it all up. Your favorites right now include the Rice Cereal with Bananas Combo and sips of ice water lapped out of a big boy cup.
Like most babies your age, your mouth is a magnet for everything. You gnaw and chew on anything you get your hands on, and you do so quite ferociously. Though you'll take anything you can get, you seem to be partial to chewing on your burp cloth, your Lovey, your overall straps, and the bill of the new duck toy Aunt Chelsea gave you for Christmas. When I hold you close to my face you dive in and chomp down as if to eat my nose. (I laugh when you do this and like to pretend you're attempting to kiss me, albeit rather viciously.)
You're so close to sitting all by yourself, and you've mastered rolling over from your tummy to your back. (Though I'm sure you could do it if you were willing to try, you could also roll from your back to your tummy, but why stay on your stomach longer than necessary, you reason.) You recognize it when we call your name, and you're ever entranced as you watch people walk around the room. You love to play with your toys, especially those that squeak and rattle, and you are getting much better at holding on to them.
You're a smart boy. And we've had a good first half of the year together. I don't know about you, but as much fun as the first six months have been, I'm greatly looking forward to the next six. I love you!
Love,
Mama
Dear Blake,
Twenty-seven already, huh? Happy birthday! I've got some fun plans in store for you today, which I think you'll enjoy. (Anything involving eggnog, hamburgers, hot fudge sundae cake, and presents can't be bad, right?)
I want you to know, dear, how much I love and appreciate you. You are a hard-working man, a patient husband, and a sparkling father. Garrett and I are very lucky to have you. You encourage the both of us to be the best we can and I only hope we are living up to the potential you see in us.
I love you, Blake. Very much.
Love,
Lindsay
No comments:
Post a Comment