And now instead of this...
We have this...
And behold, there was light. And a fire escape. And some lightly falling snow.
So the sashes are made. And this morning I went back to this place (with their fahbuhlus head and neck massage disguised as a "shampoo," and their amazing ability to cut my hair just right despite the fact that, because I don't speak a lick of Chinese, most of my instructions are given by hand motions) for that much needed trim. But there's still an itch tickling the back of my neck. Maybe it's time to finally pull out the pile of fabric squares I've been salvaging from old clothes and leftover project scraps and buckle down already and sew the rag quilt I've been planning to make.
8 comments:
I'm so excited for your quilt, I'm sure it will be so cute! :)
I made a goal while on my mission to learn how to sew. And then some friends of mine started getting together to have sewing classes, and I went once and watched and realized, I really don't want to learn how to sew. It would be super useful though.
How domestic! That quilt looks like quite the project. I wish I could sew....
Your curtains are FABULOUS! Maybe sewing can be in my future. Maybe. =)
I bow my head in awe. Sewing machines have always both fascinated and terrified me.
So, well done.
Wow, go you and your domestic skills! The curtains look great.
Now, lest anyone think I actually made the curtains, let me say that, nope, sorry, IKEA made those puppies. I, however, made the sashes to tie them back. So I'm domestic...but only a tiny bit. It's a start, though, right?
I think your sashes look fabulous! You did a great job. I'm sure your quilt will turn out great too! You already have your fabric cut into squares which is awesome. The rest should be easy...right?
Post a Comment