And now, because Becca tagged me, here are eight random facts about me:
1. I don't like milk in my cereal. I can't stand that soggy texture, though for social reasons I've been able to train myself to, in the words of Remy's brother on Ratatouille, muscle my way past the gag reflex so that I don't look like a total idiot. Usually, though, I just find something else to eat for breakfast.
2. According to my 9th grade biology teacher, I am full of recessive genes: straight blond hair, fair skin, blue eyes, toes that slant their way down in a neat little line (no "same size or bigger than the big toe second toe" for me). So it's somewhat surprising to me that my son shares so many of my features, rather than taking everything from my dominant-gene filled husband.
3. If there's anything that frustrates me to no end, it's sewing. And yet, it's the one skill I desperately wish to cultivate in myself.
4. I was born tongue-tied and to correct it, the doctor clipped away some of the extra tissue under my tongue shortly after birth. But apparently it grew back, so when I was in 6th grade, in order to begin my regimen of corrective orthodontia, they clipped the extra tissue away again. And yes, it hurt like crazy.
5. Turns out I'm cranky when I'm awoken at 2:00 in the morning to change a diaper. But I'm much more pleasant during the 5:00 am feedings.
6. I'm really fast at washing dishes by hand. (But that doesn't mean I don't occasionally lust after a dishwasher.)
7. I own six antique Ball canning jars, and someday I'll have a decorative kitchen shelf to display them on. I guess this is one of the perks of living in Muncie - the Land of Ball Jars.
8. Despite the fact that I think The Office is hilarious, and despite the fact that, according to my brother, the best two minutes of television come from this show, I think I like 30 Rock better.
There. And now you know eight more things about me than you probably cared to.
6 comments:
I love love love that office episode!
I don't do cereal very often either; and it took me a long time to put milk in it (I used to just eat it plain). When it goes soggy, that's when I quit. But like you, I just find something else for breakfast.
Okay... LOVE the office. that episode was priceless! I think that Rich wants to be Dwight :)
love these tidbits! And share the occasional dishwasher lust. :)
From what I understand, there's a debate in the genetics world about the dominance of brown eyes and the oversimplification of the Punnett squares. And, a lot of those recessive genes you have are good - no crazy diseases and genetic deformities. I have a weird little toe that everyone in my paternal grandmother's line has - including her newest great-grandson born last week.
With your tongue no longer tied, can you touch it to your nose? I always felt that I was held back from that talent because of the tissue under my tongue.
Yahoo! We have the same feet! :) I'm missing my dishwasher, but working hard to get to the point where I don't notice having to wash them. Good for you for being such a fast dish washer!!! Just wanted to let you know we all want to see more photos of little Garrett!!!!
Post a Comment