Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pause

You have to know that if I'm taking a break in my reading of Harry Potter #7, what I'm about to tell you is unfathomably exciting, so maybe you should all sit down for this, if you're not, of course, already doing so.

Yesterday I found pants that fit me -- ON THE CLEARANCE RACK.

It's true. After whipping through some great sales at JCPenney in search of a few shirts to replace the worn out and shrunken shirts that are currently residing in my dresser drawer, I decided to also breeze through Old Navy to see if they had any clearance items worth shouting about.

It turns out they did, my friends, it turns out they did.

You see, the size of pants I wear is so incredibly common that they rarely make it to the clearance racks. And the fact that I require this common size to also have a "long" inseam makes their appearance with a clearance sticker nigh unto unheard of. So yesterday, when I found not one, but EIGHT pairs of blue jeans in my exact size that which also, when I tried them on, fit like a dream, I was ecstatic. And when I saw them priced at only $6.97, I knew I had entered a personal heaven. Never before in my life has pants shopping been so easy, nor so cheap.

And so, you know what I did? I bought three pair. Because, for crying out loud -- SEVEN DOLLARS!!! You just can't beat that.

And now, before I let myself get consumed again in Harry Potter's saga, here's a classic example of the fun we're having with Baby Garrett:

We found he'd fallen asleep last night in the boppy in this position...


...so we decided (well, mostly Blake decided) to complete the pose Garrett had started:

8 comments:

heath said...

Love the old man crossing his leg look! Ummm, I want pants that only $7 and long enough.

goddessdivine said...

Don't you just love great finds? It's one of my favorite things. I recently got a t-shirt at Banana Republic marked from $20 to $2.97. I was stoked.

p.s. I too have to have the dreaded "long" sizes. Those darn legs!

lori said...

CONGRATS on the pants! Wow. What a steal! Pant shopping is the WORST and I'm SO happy that you had such a beautiful experience :)

Loving those Garrett pics! Keep 'em coming!

Kristeee said...

Wow - what a steal! Go you and your shopping spree! Funny, I never have to worry about my pants being long enough - it's often, "hmm, can I shrink these in the dryer, or do I have to hem them up?" Lucky you.

Garrett's such a cutie. Looks like you guys are having fun with him and the camera! (looks like fun to me!):)

JoEllen said...

He is really adorable and absolutely precious. I am VERY jealous that you found pants long enough, in your size, on clearance, and for 7 dollars. A miracle, truly!!

Samantha said...

SWEET crossed legs! We have the same boppy pillow cover, too. And Zara hates sitting in it like that!

How are you doing with nighttimes?

Lindsay said...

Samantha - nighttimes are pretty tricky sometimes. Some are definitely better than others. We seem to have gotten him on an Every Three Hour feeding schedule, so on the good nights, he's up every three hours, nearly on the dot, and on days when he's been awake more during the day, he'll usually go back to sleep. The harder nights are when he's wide awake and won't sleep in his cradle. Not sure if there's a way to fix those just yet -- though hopefully soon!

Samantha said...

Yeah - all of that sounds EXACTLY how things are going over here.