For the most part he was a good boy and kept his gassy fussiness generally under control. We only had a few minor explosions, but aside from that he pretty much just slept like the precious baby boy that he is. I'm not totally comfortable yet with a baby at church. It's kind of strange to have this living, breathing, little person appended to me like an extra body part. And like most new parents (and perhaps experienced ones as well), I get nervous that each tiny sound he makes will echo throughout the entire building. Hopefully this is a paranoia that will pass with time.
Here's a picture of Garrett is his First Day of Church outfit, complete with the blanket we wrapped him in, which happened to match his outfit very well (thanks, Grandma Nancy!):
And for good measure, here's another photo. In this one he's showing off his latest trick -- focusing. The things he learned to focus on are 1) Mama, 2) Papa, 3) his binky, 4) toys that squeak and rattle, and 5) the animals hanging from the swing mobile:
6 comments:
I love that Amy Coe blanket...I think it's the same one. I kept meaning to go buy Patrick one and never did until he was too big. Good luck re-entering the social world.
Cute pics. I bet you had fun showing him off to everyone ;-)
He's such a cutie! I bet all the old ladies in the RS loved having a new baby to coo over. My mom would remind you that you don't have to pass him around to all the ladies (who may or may not have washed their hands) in the church, even if they want to hold him.
Congrats on your husband finding a job and on your big move! I hope my hubby gets a job soon, too. And Garrett's focusing is very good!
Hmm, gonna have to agree with you, cute indeed! Great pictures, particularly the "focus" one. How great is it when they start to react to the things around them, and more importantly, you!
He's so cute!
Post a Comment