Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So apparently I'm starting to waddle.

At least, that's what Blake told me Sunday after he saw me walking towards him in the hall at church -- all in good humor, of course. But, yikes, I'm starting to look like a misproportioned, waddling pregnant woman? This strikes me as too early. Or maybe I can chalk it up to the fact that I felt pretty crummy on Sunday. Whatever. I'll have to just keep an eye on this.

I went back to the doctor yesterday, and everything is still looking good. It was reassuring to hear him tell me that, especially in light of the miscarriage trauma that we went through back in November and December. He said everything looks right on target. I couldn't be more pleased. The baby is getting bigger, as evidenced by my slowly-but-surely expanding mid-section, and the fact that last week I had to face up to the reality of that even though they're still a little baggy, if I want to be even remotely comfortable wearing clothes, they'll have to be in maternity sizes. Oh, and it still has a beautiful and fast little heartbeat.

The most exciting news, though, is that I now have an ultrasound scheduled. My doctor got me into the perinatal center at the hospital, so not only do I get to see an ultrasound view of the baby, I get to see it in either 3- or 4-D. How cool is that?! I remember back when I was in high school and those GE commercials advertising 3-D ultrasound technology started airing, I thought to myself, "Wow, I hope that by the time I have children I'll get to see them that clearly!" And look at this -- apparently I get to. Though, I have to admit I'm rather surprised that Muncie, of all places, has this sort of technology available. So anyway, March 19th is the day. Only two more weeks of waiting to have that visual proof that that this baby is using my bladder as a trampoline. If you feel so inclined, you are more than welcome to guess what you think the gender will be, but I want you to know up front that I won't be making any promises one way or the other as to whether or not you'll be right. After all, this little piece of information was decided on a while ago, and we're just now lucky enough to be privy to it. ;)

6 comments:

AmyJane said...

I'm totally jealous...I always wanted to see the 4D image but my insurance wouldn't cover it in Utah and my doc said not to trust those mall shops that do it.
Also, I read somewhere that the preggo waddle has more to do with loose ligaments in your hips due to hormones than with actual size of the baby. Sad but true, every pregnant woman waddles a bit!
Sounds like pregnancy is going well these days--glad to hear it!

Sara said...

Hmm...there were a lot of little girls born in our ward last summer...and most recently (starting with us) there are a lot if little boys. So, you could be starting another group of little girls! Or, you could be in our group and have a fun-loving baby boy! My ultimate guess: it's a boy! :) Either way, you'll love it! Please update us all in a couple weeks. And give in to the waddle...it gets to be easier to waddle than to overuse your hips.

Anonymous said...

That's great, Lindsay! So two more weeks... my cousin (pregnant with her second boy) showed me her 3D/4D ultrasounds in January - they are so cool! Almost a little eery. but definitely amazing that they can get that detailed.

Sarah said...

I really wish I could have a 3-D ultrasound!! I've got a pretty crummy HMO out here and they consider it nice that to even look me in the eye during an appointment. Oh well. Maybe when I'm on my 15th child it will be standard in a doctor's office.

Anonymous said...

How is 4D even possible? I don't understand. Does the machine have a flux capacitor or something?
It'll be a boy.

amanda said...

I say it's a girl!