Because he's 16 now, here are 16 factoids about Scott:
- He was a thumb sucker when he was little and it was nearly impossible to get him to stop. The dentist insisted, though, so we tried everything from that anti-thumb sucking nail polish to socks duct-taped to his hands at night. He finally gave up the habit, and then had to wear braces to re-shape the roof of his mouth.
- He collected Pokemon cards like nobody's business.
- He also plays X-Box like nobody's business.
- He just earned his Eagle Scout award and will be honored at an Eagle Court of Honor in May right after my other brother's wedding dinner. (You've got to take advantage of family in from out of town, right?)
- He has played the cello since 4th or 5th grade and is now in the Provo High Philharmonic Orchestra.
- And from what I understand, he's trying to teach himself how to play the piano.
- Scott's comfort toys when he was little included BunBun (a stuffed bunny), and Dolly&Dolly (two cheap, star-shaped cloth dolls with plastic heads and silky collars).
- He's become quite the avid reader in the last few years. His favorite genre is science fiction/fantasy. And in his spare time, he tackles classics like Atlas Shrugged.
- When he was younger, and people asked him when his birthday was, he'd say, "When the daffodils come up." (Now you can't tell me that's not precious!)
- From what I understand, Scott's gotten quite tall -- nearly 6 feet, if I'm correctly interpreting the tidbits of info I get from phone calls home.
- His voice has also gotten very deep. He sounds just like my other brothers, and when he answers the phone when I call, I have to think carefully about who I'm talking to before I proceed.
- School has often been a struggle for Scott, but I happen to know of three classes he's really enjoyed: architectural rendering, photography, and psychology.
- At our Minnesota family reunion, Scott took quite a liking to fishing, and he'd sit for hours at the edge of the dock, quietly holding his fishing pole.
- When he was little he'd watch the same movie over and over -- like five times a day for several days in a row. He'd watch it, rewind it, then watch it again. We all now have memorized such favorites as The Land Before Time, Aladdin, and The Lion King.
- For a while there, we all thought he'd do great in a career in cartoon voice-overs. He has a knack for doing good impressions. I think our family's personal favorite is his impersonation of Heimlich from A Bugs Life.
- Though he is old enough, he's apparently not incredibly interested in driving. In that regard, he is such this sister's little brother.
(This picture does not do Scott justice. And it's a little over a year old. But it's the only one I had of him that was digital. So it'll have to do.)
1 comment:
I have a 16 year-old bro as well, and he's one of my good friends. Whoever knew that teenage boys could be fun? (oh wait, I knew that back when I was a teenager!)
Happy birthday, Scott! Have a good first date.
Post a Comment