Monday, July 06, 2009

in the neighborhood: movie set

They're filming a movie in my neighborhood, and today's location spot is three blocks from our apartment. As I passed the film set on my way to the bank this afternoon, I didn't spot anyone famous (though this movie apparently boasts such notable names as Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan, among others), but the commotion of a very busy and very large film crew, with their hair and make-up trailers, clipboards, and fancy earpieces, was pretty exhilarating anyway. It's not every day someone shoots a movie in your neighborhood -- even in New York City.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I see why you didn't want to include the title of the movie in your post. This just isn't that kind of blog.

Lindsay said...

On the No Parking signs plastered around the location spot, they give the alternate title of "A Couple of Cops." I'm hoping that, once the film is released, they go with that name.

jeanine said...

That is awesome!

goddessdivine said...

Maybe you can be an extra! That would be awesome....

JoEllen said...

I agree...the name of the movie...I don't think it'll be on my "must see" list!

When I was a teenager there was a movie filmed in our town. We would venture down and hang around the sets all the time. It was a lot of fun. Maybe you will see someone famous...

GR82BAMOM said...

The catering people are set up at the school just across the street from where I live. The scoop is they will all "break for lunch" there really late this evening, sometime after 10pm. I heard from a production guy that they will be filming all night until the early morning hours. I'm also hoping that they will change their minds (yet again) about the name of the movie. I heard that the name has already been changed 3 times!

Kristie said...

I was going to suggest you try to get in a background shot and then I could watch it and say- Hey I know her, but I don't think I'll watch it after all. Maybe you could weild a Book of MOrmon around or something:-)