*I couldn't think of a clever title, so I let Garrett help. Apparently he likes the letter B.
I must be losing my mind because lately it's been hot hot hot and horribly humid and yet I keep turning on my oven to bake things. Perhaps, though, I'm not too far gone -- the brownies we ate over the weekend were incredibly worth it.
Chocolate Pudding Brownies
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
2 cups milk
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 cups chocolate chips
Mix pudding according to package directions. When it begins to thicken, pour in dry cake mix. Mix well (batter will be thick). Spread in greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
I honestly cannot think of an easier way to get to heaven.
Speaking of getting places, I spent a portion of this weekend venturing into boroughs unknown (i.e. Staten Island) to attend a stake primary activity. I had to take the bus over the bridge to get there, which was an adventure by itself, and, thanks to a bus driver who, at my request, remembered to announce my stop, I didn't even get lost. Staten Island, I discovered, is an awful lot more like New Jersey than the city's other four boroughs, and one of the more obvious clues was the fact that the S.I. chapel the activity was held at had a lawn that appeared to be bigger than our Brooklyn chapel and parking lot combined.
Ah, grass. Such a beautiful thing. And perfect for the Pioneer Day-esque games we played with the kids, as well as for the picnic lunch we all scarfed down afterward. The only thing that could have made the location better would have been some large shade trees to block out that ruthless sun we baked in.
I directed the kids in a three-legged race, but first I had to teach these city-dwellers what the heck a three-legged race was because most of them had no idea. That was entertaining, as was watching them try to compete. No one seemed to grasp my repeated hinting of the concept of walking in sync, and we therefore had more children piling up on the grass than crossing the finish line. Ah well. They seemed to enjoy themselves anyway.
4 comments:
I love this easy recipes, I did try the apple muffins this weekend, although I used Splenda and unsweetened apple sauce they were still delicious and since I didn't have nuts I used raisins :)
So now I will HAVE to try this brownie recipe ... yummy!!
Thanks again!!
Yummmmmm!!! And I love three-legged races...I was the 5th grade champion of this! (That's the only "sports" title I held.)
I can think of no better reason to bake yourself than for chocolate heaven. Can't wait to try it!
Oh 3 legged races...so much fun! I tried that with my students last year. My co-teacher and I showed them how to do it. She's a good foot shorter than me. She kept saying left, right left, and I kept saying that would be easy except your left is connected to my right. We eventually figured out that inside, outside worked better. Our students thought jumping worked best.
Post a Comment