Thursday, July 23, 2009

applesauce muffins

This morning Garrett and I attempted a new muffin recipe. They turned out really good -- moistly sweet and slightly sticky. And they were incredibly easy to whip up. We can hardly stop eating them.

Applesauce Muffins

1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 can (16 oz) applesauce (I was finishing up a much larger jar of applesauce and put in about 1 1/2 cups)
nuts, chopped (optional) (I put in some walnuts)

Mix together all ingredients except nuts. Fold in nuts. Grease or line muffin tins. Fill 2/3 full. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes (about 13 minutes for mini muffins).

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! I took advantage of the cooler weather to bake today, too. It gives you something to do in the rain!

Kelly said...

Hey, you need to put a picture of yourself up on your blog. I want to see your bump! I am putting one up tomorrow. It will be 26 weeks for me. If you feel huge, you will feel better when you see how big I am.

Carrie said...

yes! i love finding fabulously good recipes. I'll have to try these, they sound delicious!

Joyce said...

I'll have to try these. Must be a good baking day ... Brittany made cookies. Wish we would get some rain though!

Claudia said...

I've written the recipe and hopefully I'll try it this weekend :)

Thank you!