Monday, June 26, 2006

Like The Best Post Man Ever!

Dear Mike the Postman,

Thank you for making the Muncie Post Office a pleasant place to go. Granted, all of the employees at the Muncie Post Office are naturally happy and cheerfully service oriented (instead of grumpy and blatantly wishing for a different job like the employees at most post offices I’ve been you). But you stand out. You are, in my opinion, the best post man ever! You recognize us every time we come in and you always say hello and ask us how we’re doing. You even go out of your way to say hey even when you’re busy helping someone else. You are always happy – jovial, you might call it. You appreciate that Blake and I are also happy people, and you thank us frequently for our smiles. But it’s you we should be thanking. It’s nice to know that my errand to mail a package will be a pleasant one. Blake and I never fail to leave that building happier than when we went in simply because of your pleasant nature. You are one of the few people in this town who has helped us feel like we're a part of this community. So, to you Mike, I say thank you.

Sincerely,
Lindsay

PS: I’ve been told that there are places closer to my home where I can mail my packages from, but I don’t want to go there because I’m afraid that the people there won’t be as nice as you and your people. You make a drive all the way to the south side of town for a 5-minute errand to mail a package worth the trip. Thanks again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,
Have you considered sending this in a letter to your postmaster and the US General Postmaster. I'm sure he would appreciate that. It may even help him in his next review.
Dad

Th. said...

.

A Muncie girl, eh?

Goooooooooooooo Eagles!