Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Few Thoughts In Passing

I have realized a few things as I've worked on this blog:
  1. The word "blog" is a pretty silly word, and sometimes I feel like my IQ lowers each time I say it. I'm really enjoying the concept of a blog -- writing every day like this has proven to be a pleasant and healthy thing for me. But I really can't get over the fact that "blog" is a ridiculous sounding word. Any ideas for something else I could call it? I'm open for suggestions. And maybe, if it's a good suggestion, we can start a revolution and make the word "blog" a thing of the past.
  2. Like I mentioned above, I've really enjoyed this daily dose of writing. I've long called myself a writer, but now I feel more confirmed because, even though this is a journal of sorts, I am now writing for people other than myself. I haven't done that in a while. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to spill my guts each day and come up with a "finished product." It's quite refreshing and I suggest you try it.
  3. And speaking of writing for other people...I, like many other people, enjoy an audience. Now you might be thinking, "Lindsay? Likes an audience? I thought she was afraid of...well...everything, which would include the rather large category of Audiences." But it's true. I'm discovering that not only do I like to write, but I like to write and be heard. It's a pleasant feeling to think that I can post something on my blog (we'll just keep calling it a "blog" until something better is thought of) and maybe someone will read it. And maybe, even, they'll find it enjoyable to read what I write. But along with this need for an audience comes the companion need to know about the existence of the audience. So, at the risk of sounding incredibly needy (and possibly Internet-nerdy), I am going instruct you all on how to comment on my blog.
How to Comment on my Blog
a reader's guide

1. At the bottom of each post is a link that says "comments." Click here.
2. A new screen will come up. On the left side will appear any comments that have already been made. On the right side will be a heading that says "Leave your comment." In the box underneath this heading, you may write whatever comments you wish, so long as they remain clean.
3. Underneath the comment box it will instruct you to "Choose an identity." You have three options here: Blogger, Other, and Anonymous:
    • Select Blogger if you have a Blogger account and enter your username and password.
    • Select Other if you do not have a Blogger account and enter your name and webpage (if you have one).
    • Select Anonymous if you don't want me to know who you are. But I hope that you would like me to know who you are. I'm just saying.
4. Next you will be asked to enter a word verification. This part is easy. To prove that you are not spamming me, just enter in the distorted letters that you see in the box.
5. And now you're almost done. All that's left is to either hit "Preview" (if you want to check over what you wrote) or "Login and Publish" (to make it official). And that's it. Easy, wasn't it?

Because I don't want to sound like I'm begging, even though I really may be doing just that, I want to make it clear that I am not desperate. I just like feedback. So if you have any, please feel free to share it. And if nothing else, please feel free to drop by and say hello and let me know that I'm not just writing this to the Internet Void.

Anyway, thank you for humoring me and I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did it!

Anonymous said...

Okay Lindsay -- I haven't left comments because i don't want anybody reading my words -- that's why I've done it by email! I love your writing though and read it regularly. I also agree on the word "blog" -- why would I want to do such a thing??? And...I have many memories of Aldi's too -- but my only option was cash and I had to keep a tally of what I was buying throughout the store so I wouldn't run short at the register -- which I did occasionally. But it worth it for the prices!

Anonymous said...

nong eye cong ee ohhhhh song eye tong ee HOY!