*We sold both our car and our washer and dryer on Monday and officially said goodbye to them today. There's just something about trading in your wheels for walking and your ability to do laundry whenever you darn well feel like it and without quarters that makes you question the decisions that motivated you to sell them in the first place. I have to keep telling myself that we did not make these decisions blindly.
*It's really hard to pack an apartment with a colicky baby.
*And speaking of colic, here are some of the soothing strategies we've tried, with and without success: Mylicon; Dr Brown's Natural Flow bottles, gripe water, car rides, the swing, infant massage, baths, tummy time, and feedings on the front porch (apparently he enjoys the humidity...or maybe it's the white noise buzz of the cicadas...whatever it is, it generally works, thank heavens).
*Colic and constipation do not a good combination make.
*But even though that lately Garrett's been screaming through his feedings and has been having trouble pooping on his own, my little boy is sure getting big. We tried to weigh him at the Post Office again last night, but the self-serve mailing station had been taken out. Sad. My guess, though, is that he's about 10 pounds now.
*Garrett's newest trick is to suck his thumb when I lay him on his stomach. It's pretty cute. And I have to admit that sometimes I encourage it. Is that wrong?
*Moving is not on my list of favorite things to do in my spare time.
*Do we really need to keep this? Or that? And what about that? Are you sure we have enough boxes?
*It makes me dizzy, and sometimes also a little nauseous, to see just how many things we have now that they are making their way to the boxes which are quickly limiting any walking space in this apartment.
*Am I ready for the fact that the way of life I've always known is about to completely change?
*Good heavens, I'm tired. I'm glad this will all soon be over. Despite my anxiousness, I think I'm ready (or almost ready, anyway) to move on -- though perhaps that fact stems from my weariness of living in a sea of boxes.
*Sometimes I just want to break down and cry. And sometimes I do.
*But I can do this. I can do hard things. I can.
*Okay, so this I think will be my official signing off as a blogger from Muncie. I'll be back in a week or so to begin Phase II of Adventures with Lindsay. All right, Brooklyn...here we come!
15 comments:
WAHOO! Off to NYC! You can do it, I know you can. And you will do it with style.
Wow! You are awesome... and I think I would cry too. I'm excited to hear about your NY adventures!!!
You still sound quite sane. If you continue to do so through this, you shall become one of my heroes. You're giving me flashbacks to my first child's infancy! Move, colic and all!
Hang in there. Keep blogging!
You can handle all of it!!! I promise.
I hate hate hate moving. I'll cry with you!
Wow, I'm exhausted just reading about your move. No wheels and no washer, I guess you really have to move now. Hang in there you modern pioneer girl!
How crazy Linds! Best of luck to you. I can't wait to hear what life in NY is like!
Ugh. Moving is definitely on my top ten list of least favorite activities. And I think that having a colicky baby would increase the difficulty factor by about 75 (give or take 500).
Good luck. (But I'm kind of happy you're going to be a fellow east-coaster. :))
Can't imagine putting the stress of new motherhood and moving TOGETHER! Way to go! Can't wait for phase II!
Best of luck with everything; and it's ok to cry sometimes....or more times than we think we should.
Can't wait to hear tales from Brooklyn.
Ooohhh--good luck! I hope everything goes OK, both with the moving and the colic. It'll all be a memory soon, right?
"I can do hard things" Have you taken a class from Jeff Hill? That phrase is my curse and blessing at the same time! GOOD LUCK! I COULD NOT do it!
Found your page through Kari's blog. How fun to see you heading off to fun adventures. We loved New York! We lived out in Suffolk County for 4 years. It was one of the best experiences I've had.
Good luck! Mrs. Hickman :o)
I hope everything went ok. I'm sorry your baby is colicky. I promise it really does go away at 12 weeks.
I have to admit, I'm jealous. I know it's going to be totally inconvenient and a logistical nightmare a lot of days living in NYC, but on the other hand YOU GET TO LIVE IN NYC! Take a deep breath and enjoy!
Post a Comment