Sunday, August 12, 2007

And thus I entered Motherhood

So, Garrett's been a bit constipated lately. Last week his doctor suggested an infant suppository we might try to, um, loosen him up a bit. Tonight, after we'd taken the prescribed measures to get him to poop, and after I thought he'd finished his business, I changed his diaper. Only I apparently decided to remove it too soon, and quickly got, shall we say, splattered in greenish, mustardy baby poop. Um...yuck. This has got to be some sort of rite of passage.

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to do a bit of laundry.

6 comments:

lori said...

Reading about your traveling was absolutely DELIGHTFUL! Canning jar museam?? Love it!

And this newest post would draw a big smile and a sympathetic sigh from any mother! I was about to say, "the good old days"...but now that we're into potty training with Lucy, I feel like I'm just right there with you!

Good luck with your move!

goddessdivine said...

Nice. I remember changing my little nephew once; only he wasn't finished, and it was oozing out....everywhere. I vowed to my sister that that was the last diaper of his I was changing.

Katie said...

All too familiar! I'm laughing as I type this. You have definately entered motherhood .. if giving birth wasn't rite of passage enough - now you've been pooped on. :)

Lippy said...

Kind of incredible that such a little guy can make that much mess, right? Yep, one of your rites of passage. You survived :)

Kristeee said...

So is that part of the "joy of motherhood" I'm hearing so much about? hehe. My SIL Jen was so excited to change her first baby's first diaper and was all set and the very first thing he did was completely spray her with sticky brand-new baby poop. He's kinda been that way ever since :).

Can't wait.

Sara said...

Yeah...it's a rite of passage! My little one managed to squirt me at 3am with the lights turned off. Ugh. Didn't know how bad it was until Steve woke up and turned the light on! Congrats! You're more than offically a mom. :)