January 23rd. One-two-three. Just like that, today I am 27.
I used to think it'd be pretty awesome to have been born in 1945. My birthday then would have been 1/23/45 -- one-two-three-four-five. But if I had been born in 1945, today I would be 64. I think that today I'll take the number 27, thank you very much.
After all, as Blake reminded me last night, the number 27 is a pretty great age to be, mathematically speaking. A month ago, he graduated from the age of 27, so he ought to know, right? Twenty-seven is three cubed, he said, and it's only once in your life that you are three cubed. Apparently that, along with a few other equations which I can't remember at the moment, makes the number 27 pretty magical.
A lot of people have already passed along happy birthday wishes (thank you, Facebook!). They have all hoped that my day is a good, happy one. I hope that it is, too. I hope that Garrett keeps his whining to a minimum. I hope that Blake is able to come home from work on time tonight. I hope that the weatherman keeps his promise and the predicted tropical mid-40s tempertures really do surface because this Below Zero business we've been dealing with lately is getting pretty old.
And you know what else would make me happy? Comments on my blog. (Really, who doesn't like comments on their blog?) I hope that today I hear from all those of you who read what I write. I love knowing who my audience is. I love knowing why you keep coming back. So, if you're reading this, please drop a note to say hello. It's as easy as one-two-three.
48 comments:
I hope those birthday wishes come true!
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday Lindsay! Enjoy every minute of your day.
Those sound like solid birthday wishes. Maybe you won't have to cook dinner either!
Happy Birthday, Lindsay!
Still in your audience... Still loving your blog... Still wishing I was 27 :) HBD!!
Happy Birthday! This means we've known each other for over 21 years - wow. And why do I still read your blog? Well, because it's written well and entertaining. Keep it up.
Happy Birthday. I graduated from 27 a few months ago, and I have to say, 28 is just as fun.
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
- Wendy
Happy birthday! 27 is a good age to be--enjoy it :)
Love your blog. Love you, too. :) Happy Birthday!
I just left you a birthday greeting on Facebook. But hey, birthdays are great so here it goes again! FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, AMIGA! Hope you are having a great day so far.
I've liked 27 so far, though it seems increasingly too close to 30, which I don't like. I have your birthday in my Palm Pilot, but I have a tendency not to look at my date book--makes me wonder what it's there for. Oh well--you reminded me anyway, and now I get to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ah 27! Great year. I think that will be the year I am reserected back to in my 'prime'! Happy Birthday;-0
Happy happy birthday Lindsay dear.
Happy days will come to you all year.
If I had a wish then it would be,
a happy, happy birthday to you from me.
Guess who we'll be singing to on Sunday.
Happy birthday, Lindsay! Or as my family likes to say, "Hippy papy." I don't know why.
May all your dreams come true.
Happy Birthday Lindsay! I hope all your birthday wishes come true! 27 sounds pretty good to me too. Love ya and sorry I don't post comments more often.
happy #27!! been a while since I've seen that #! It was a good #, I was married, I was physically in great condition, but only had one thing missing--children. So, even though 27 was good, children would have made it better...and 2 years later I got my wish--children started coming into our life...what a great blessing!! and what a great blessing to become a year older!
haven't paid you a visit in a long time- thought today would be a great time to come bringing well wishes- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Throw another Happy B-Day into the basket of wishes! Hope you enjoy the day (and the year :)
I just sent you an email, but after a plea like that to write a comment (and I never do write comments), I couldn't hold back. Once again, happy birthday!
Is there a limit to the amount of comments you can have? My last one didn't publish. Happy b-day!!!
Julie does too know why we say "hipy papy." And because we love you so much, I'll give you the entire wish:
HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY. There! Consider yourself properly happy birthified. And have a wonderful year.
Aunt Sue
Happy Birthday! (Is 27 really prime?) (In a non-mathematical sense, I think it's definitely prime!)
27 was the year of IVF for me . . . so it was a good one (my last childless year, and the year of my first hard-fought-for pregnancy . . . a good one for sure.
I love reading what you write. And I also LOVED the orange muffins. Enough that I'm making them for a church event tomorrow morning. Awesome!
Happy Birthday! I hope your birthday wishes come true!
Cute post Lindsay! I wish you a very happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I also have to say how much I enjoy your blog. You are a great writer! Love ya.
Wes and I were just talking about 1/23 and the fun it must have been in 1945. Guess it was pretty special in 1982, too =) (Did I do my math right??)
Happy Birthday! It looks like you got one of your wishes! At only 2:57 pm MST you had 26, almost 27 birthday wishes via your blog. Hurray! I hope your day is a great one!
I guess I'm number 28 (comments) and so that's extra special because this is the beginning of your 28th year. So, happy birthday Lindsay! We love you!!!
Lindsay -
Read you blog EVERY day! You are a gifted writer!
A birthday comment for Lindsay:
love you, love your blog.
I'm really glad you were born.
Happy birthday from a total stranger who loves your blog. I'm not 27, but I was once and now one of my daughters is. I really enjoy your blog. I have lived a lot of places, but never in NYC and your blog makes me with I had. Have a wonderful birthday.
Happy Birthday Lindsay! I read your blog because your writing is great and your little Garrett is adorable. I hope your first day being 27 is spectacular!
Happy Birthday! May all your wildest dreams come true. You'll have to let me know what 27 feels like--I'm getting there in a few months...
Well, then again happy birthday! We have never met, but I enjoy reading the experiences of a fellow 18 month older's mom!
Well a great and happy Birthday to you! I hope the weatherman is right and you have some warm days ahead. I will have that Birthday wish for you.
Kim
PS-I always feel like a stalker leaving you messages but I just love your blog!
Michael also wanted me to convey his Birthday wishes for you as well.
Happy Birthday, Lindsay! Here's to many more blessed years!
Happy Birthday! I love the fresh outlook of optimism that you embrace in your writing. Keeps me coming back for more, and I miss the days you don't blog, too. :)
Phew! Does it feel good to know you are so widely read (and loved)? Happy Birthday, though I'm a day late with the blog. See you soon ;)
Me too - a late Happy Birthday to you!! 27 is a great age to be!
Emily i guess you'll somehow feel relieved, i'm also late in posting my comment but Hey Lindsay i greeted you on Facebook and wow! how i wish i can go back 10years so i'll remember how it feels to be 27....
I had no idea just how cool 27 is. :D Now I'm looking forward to my 27th next year. Hope you had a great birthday!
Happy late birthday to you, Lindsay! Sophia will give you a present of a new toddler in your primary! :)
Hey Happy Birthday! I've slowed down on my blogging lately, but I still love to check in and see what you guys are up to...maybe you could get 45 comments and then that could count as your four-five...I really hope your bday was great!
Happy birthday a bit late! You're one of the most enjoyable blog writers I've had the pleasure of reading (if you can say that about someone you've never met but would love to). I hope your day was a wonderful one!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Belated Birthday!
You sure do have a way of making the crowds come out. I'm pretty sure that I've only had 46 comments total on our entire website. You just have a talent for making and keeping friends. I, on the other hand, have a talent for becoming a recluse and not talking to people--even via internet.
I am very very late but better late than never and since I've been out of the country for 2 weeks and I'm just now getting back to keep up with my regular blog reading ... well ... here I am.
I felt in love with your blog since day 1, I got here through Mommy J and now I'm proud to say I'm your follower! I may not comment in every post but I do read everyone of them.
I'm so glad your birthday went great (Garrett taking Long Nap was fantastic, a gift from above!) and that your family sent you tons of chocolate powder for your "cocomotion" fun!!
I would love to visit NY one day (My husband has been there already but not me) and I always dream of meeting my blogger friends so who knows ... may be one day :D
I love the way you write - I love detail reading and yours is fantastic.
Thank you for using your great talent and please ... if you ever go private ... add me to be your reader! :D
(I do have a blog in English now)
Post a Comment