Wednesday, January 28, 2009

do the cocomotion

For Christmas, my brother gave Blake a hot chocolate maker. I'll be honest: we weren't immediately sold on the rumored wonders of the Cocomotion. Part of our resistance stemmed from the fact that we don't have a lot of room to store appliances. Also, for whatever bizarre reason, I cannot for the life of me find hot chocolate here sold in canisters. The only way it comes is in those individual enveloped packages, which, we discovered, aren't so conducive to this particular hot chocolate maker. (Watery hot chocolate? I don't think so.) We'd heard from too many people about how our lives would be changed forever by this little machine, so we were equally as hesitant to abandon it altogether. We found a home for it and continued our search for better hot chocolate.

Late yesterday afternoon, my birthday package from Provo belatedly arrived. The heavy box contained not one, not two, but three canisters of powdery hot chocolate, one of which was mint flavored. As soon as Blake arrived home from work, we pulled out the Cocomotion to see what the hype was all about. Five minutes later we were sold. And there will be no going back.

Oh my sweet whipped frothy goodness, people!

The winter storm that has been stretching across the country reached us last night and this morning we woke up to a world draped in white. Of course, it only looked serene for about thirty minutes before the ice rain started to pelt the ground, turning all the pretty snow into slippery slush. It's cold and it's yucky outside. Perfect weather for a mug of frothy hot chocolate.

Anyone want to do the Cocomotion with me?

6 comments:

Riley said...

What a great brother!

Erin said...

Sounds divine! A tip: Godiva makes great hot chocolate mix...and it comes in a canister!

Kelly said...

sooo, playgroup is at your house next week, right?

I second the Godiva hot chocolate

InkMom said...

After discovering Caotina cocoa mix on the top of the Alps in Switzerland, we were forever spoiled . . . so now, every Christmas, we import it from Europe. I spend about as much on shipping as I do on the mix, but if we stretch, it lasts just about until Halloween, at which point I feel we are close enough to Christmas to justify the expense once again. We have seriously tried blind taste test after blind taste test and I can NEVER go back. NEVER, I tell you! It's amazing stuff!

And when coupled with Williams-Sonoma chocolate croissants, which come frozen, unrisen, and unbaked, so you set them out the night before and then bake them fresh, our Christmas morning breakfast tradition will, I'm sure, remain unchanged until they quit making it. Or I can no longer get it in this country.

Awesome!

Emily said...

oooo! me me me me! i've got whipped cream and fluff. when can I come over?
P.S. I'm going to start defining the words they make me spell:
Swatern: a place to spit one's spit wads.

Margo said...

Lindsay, I am with you on scouring the city for hot chocolate in canisters. Yeah, I found the Godiva Coco mix, but it was expensive and I felt unjustified turning such high quality stuff into a drink for myself instead of a cake, brownies or a pie. Now, I beg my mom-in-law to bring that Utah hot chocolate mix, is it Stovers? every time she comes. And she is coming this weekend. Can't wait.