Back at home, we dumped Garrett's stash onto the living room floor to inspect it. For a sixteen-month-old who only stopped at a few places, his collection was not shabby at all -- much better than the rocks his cartoon counterpart got. Garrett enjoyed wading through his goodies, testing out how crinkly the packaging was, attempting to eat suckers that hadn't yet been unwrapped, and, of course, sharing a little with his parents. He was happy, we were happy. I'd say it's been a devilishly good holiday.
Friday, October 31, 2008
charlie brown in the 'hood
Blake took the day off work so that he could join Garrett and I as we went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. We all had a fabulous time. The weather was perfect, allowing even for us to let Charlie Brown go without a coat. I mentioned last year that in Brooklyn a lot of the trick-or-treating is hosted by the shop owners down the busy avenues, as opposed to at homes in residential areas. So first we hit up a few of stores near our home, including the copy shop, the grocery store, the pediatrician's office, and the laundromat. Then we headed to a residential street we had on good authority was a great spot to clean up. They weren't kidding. We walked up and down both sides of one street visiting the neighbors, who were waiting on their stoops with cauldrons full of treats, and built up a candy supply that will last Garrett for months. Everyone got a kick out of Charlie Brown and his Snoopy, while Charlie Brown was bewildered at the fact that people were so freely doling out goodies.


Back at home, we dumped Garrett's stash onto the living room floor to inspect it. For a sixteen-month-old who only stopped at a few places, his collection was not shabby at all -- much better than the rocks his cartoon counterpart got. Garrett enjoyed wading through his goodies, testing out how crinkly the packaging was, attempting to eat suckers that hadn't yet been unwrapped, and, of course, sharing a little with his parents. He was happy, we were happy. I'd say it's been a devilishly good holiday.
Back at home, we dumped Garrett's stash onto the living room floor to inspect it. For a sixteen-month-old who only stopped at a few places, his collection was not shabby at all -- much better than the rocks his cartoon counterpart got. Garrett enjoyed wading through his goodies, testing out how crinkly the packaging was, attempting to eat suckers that hadn't yet been unwrapped, and, of course, sharing a little with his parents. He was happy, we were happy. I'd say it's been a devilishly good holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Love that costume. He's so cute. Glad you had a good holiday!
It's so fun to see their faces when they have so much candy given to them freely. :)
What an adorable Charlie Brown! I'm so glad you guys had a good Halloween.
Garrett looks adorable! And remember, when Garrett makes out with a lot of candy--YOU make out with a lot of candy! Eat up.
What a cute costume!!
Glad you guys had fun.
That's such a great costume idea. We'd thought about dressing Anthony up as Linas, because Anthony also carries his blanket around EVERYWHERE, but Anthony didn't go for that idea. He wanted to be a kitty.
Good for you guys for picking the best neighborhood too!
He's so adorable as Charlie Brown! I still love the Snoopy dog, too. How fun! (Though I still loved Garrett the Carrot from last year.)
A perfect little Charlie Brown.
its true...the charlie brown costume is the best!
Adorable. It's perfect.
I love this costume idea. I bet there weren't any other Charlie Browns out in the neighborhood! Garrett has such a cute grin!
My kids made a haul too. I think we ended up with 5 pounds of candy. I think it may work later for a pinata or something. Problem is . . . it is waaaaay too tempting. Great job with Garrett. He looks adorable.
Post a Comment