At about 1:00 everyone in my office started sneaking out, and then my co-worker, Rose, came to ask if I'd help her do something. I followed her to the conference room next door and lo and behold -- there was everyone sitting around the tables waiting for me. I wasn't quite sure what to say when I walked in the room, so I think I just turned beet red instead. You know -- whatever works.
They gave me some very generous gifts -- a truckload of size 1 and size 2 diapers and baby wipes to go with them, a little set of onesies, and a cradle swing. It's the kind that even plugs in -- the kind I've had my eye on (because who wants to be replacing D-sized batteries constantly?). I'm so excited! And then we all ate some cake and everyone shared with us their bits of parently advice. They even took pictures:
It was a lot of fun. I really can't think of a better way to spend a Tuesday afternoon at work.
THANKS EVERYONE!!
5 comments:
Aw, that's really sweet! What a fun surprise! I'm glad you had a nice time and got some good gifts. I'm trying to remember what my work did when I had my first . . . oh, that's right. Nothing.
How fun for you!
Surprises are always great. Sounds like you got some nice gifts.
I have really enjoyed reading your blog! Congratulations your little guy. I look forward to seeing pictures of the little guy.
Hey Lance and Kristi! How are you guys doing?! Thanks for commenting!
Party for you! Sounds like you have some great coworkers. And hooray for presents :)
Post a Comment