Wednesday, July 30, 2008

six in the city

Or seven, if you count That Baby. But Tuesday and Wednesday were two estrogen-filled days, and Garrett was wildly outnumbered. (I'll tell you what, he's been a real trooper these last few days, which makes it easier to forgive him the major meltdown he had on the subway yesterday evening.)

Yesterday morning we met up with my Aunt Colleen, cousin-in-law Leisa, and cousin Emily at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They'd taken the train down from Massachusetts to see some sights in the city. With them we took a whirlwind tour of the Met, visited Horace Greeley, perused the City Quilter, and walked through a SoHo Anthropologie.

In the Arms and Armor section of the Met


In Greeley Square with Horace


At the end of the day the whole weary lot of us slumber partied in Brooklyn. I didn't think we could fit five sleeping bodies in our living room, but I was proved wrong. (Whether or not they were truly comfortable is another issue entirely.) This morning we stopped for a breakfast of bagels in the neighborhood before trekking up to Times Square.

Garrett, Lindsay, Emily, Leisa, Katie, and Chelsea in Times Square


With the dinosaur in the giant, fantastically-amazing Times Square Toys R Us store


Chelsea and Emily cranking out chocolate at the Hershey store


We had to say goodbye to Colleen, Leisa, and Emily at Times Square as they had a lunch appointment at the 5th Avenue American Girl Place. We browsed around Times Square a little longer, then headed over to Rockefeller Center, where the highlight was The Office section of the NBC store.

With Dwight Shrute


Katie and Chelsea head home tomorrow, full of memories, stories, and stronger calf muscles. I know I've had a blast having them here, and I get the feeling from them that they feel likewise.

6 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Cute pictures! Looks like so much fun.

Peter and Mandy said...

Did you ride the giant ferris wheel in the Toys R Us? I went to New York with my work about 1 1/2 years ago and had a blast! I was definitely glad I went up a week in advance of our conference because there was so much to see and do. Now I'm getting ideas for my next trip there, all the places we didn't go, that you went to sound fun.

goddessdivine said...

Way fun!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I love the subtle "drink beer" message going on in your Times Square picture :)

Lyndsie Miles said...

Wow! I LOVE the MET! I could live in the museum! I remember going when I was in high school and wishing I would have an entire week to just peruse.
Man what a full week! Garrett is a good little trooper to go all day for a week!

Carrie said...

Lindsay, I love the adventures you go on. I love that you guys can find such treasures wherever you are. It's great. We'll definitely have to plan a trip this year while we're still close to you guys.