The baby dropped sometime late last week, landing squarely on some nerves in my pelvis. His subsequent rolling around on them and the painful and frequent, though still irregular, contractions I've been feeling over the weekend have made me more than just a little uncomfortable. Today at my 36 week check-up the doctor validated my misery: the baby's head is indeed incredibly low, and I am already dilated to 4 cm.
This baby is very likely coming early, and when he does, he'll be coming fast.
Yikes!
15 comments:
Are you close to the hospital? How big is that baby measuring?
I wish you and your baby all the best for this delivery!
Wendy Hickman
LUCKY! A 4! Dang... Fast labors rock, let me just tell you. I am in love with them. How wonderful to know an end is in sight.
Exciting!!
Wow...already a 4! How exciting!
Wow, exciting! Here's to a speedy delivery and recovery!
Wow sounds like he wants out soon.
Well, well, well...another Anderson comes. I'm excited--but also wish you a calm and easy arrival. Best, best of luck, friend. Love you.
Try for tomorrow night when you do the tour of the hospital! It won't be much time now...
This is so exciting!
Yay! You gotta love progress!
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I was a 3 and 90% effaced with my oldest from week 28 until I delivered, which was at 41 weeks. :( But, that will never happen to you as your little guy is probably not as stubborn as my little turkey. :)
My word verification: dabuse, as in 'Oh, d abuse our bodies go through for those sweet babies!'
Wow! That's great that he's moving right along, as long as he doesn't come too early. I'm sorry it's causing so much discomfort though. Take care and we love ya.
Hooray for early babies, though I can't say I know much about that! :) It'll be nice to be done with the pregnancy, especially with the heat and humidity of summer. Blah!
I can't wait to see pictures of your new little man!
Happy pushing. I am sure you will both do great.
Take time to lay down and drink lots of water. I do that pretty much everyday now. Cookies don't hurt either.
A couple more weeks.... I hope he (you) can hold out! It doesn't seem fair when I see women who have to start 'labor pains' too far in advance...I'm sorry, I guess you could try to stand on your head to alleviate the pressure...not real comfy either I guess.
Exciting!
That definitely does not sound comfortable. Hope all goes well with the delivery for you guys. Best of luck with it all!
Post a Comment