Tuesday, June 30, 2009

for garrett, on his second birthday

Dear Garrett,

I can hardly believe that today you are two years old, though to look at you, I really shouldn't be too surprised. Your baby face has been nearly completely replaced by the more defined features of the big boy you've become. This change, while gradual, has sometimes seemed to me so sudden. You've changed in other ways, too. In recent days you've become incredibly independent and no longer require as much of my assistance in your efforts to climb, run, play, and explore.

You are, as you always have been, a very happy boy. Your sweet smile has this way of making me forget the toddler tantrums you throw, and your laugh is downright contagious. You are a remarkably active little boy, always busy and curious, but I am glad that you are also able to find time to sit quietly with me, cuddling with your silky blue blanket, as together we read stories. My days spent with you, though often exhausting, are filled with moments that I never want to forget, that I will always hold dear to my heart.

My life has not been the same since you entered it two years ago, but I wouldn't have it any other way. No matter how big you grow, you will always be my sweet first baby boy. I love you, Garrett!

Love,
Mama

Garrett, the birthday boy, age 2

11 comments:

heath said...

Really, he's two?! Crazy.

Kellee said...

He is SO cute!!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Definitely love his contagious laugh!

amanda said...

Happy birthday to Garrett!

Amy F. P. said...

Happy Birthday Garrett.

jeanine said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe how old he looks! He's not a baby anymore! (And just wait till you have #2... you'll be in shock the first time you see Garrett and how big he looks!)

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Garrett!

Mallory said...

Happy Birthday to Garrett! Carson turns the big 2 on Friday. They grow way too fast!

GR82BAMOM said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Garrett!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Happy Birthday, Garrett! Two beautiful years... and many more to come!

Carrie said...

He is so big and so cute! There is something special about the first born isn't there?