Wednesday, February 13, 2008

chasing the clouds away

There's something about this picture,

which I clipped out of a magazine in my 10th grade biology class, that is just so ticklish. Something deep inside my gut wants to squirm from a surprised fit of giggles every time I look at it. At the very least, it turns a gray mood into a sunny one. I remember thinking back when I clipped it that if I someday had a baby whose grins gave me the same giddy reaction, I would be one lucky mama.

Today I thought I'd conduct a little experiment. Does this picture


make me want to roll on the floor and tickle the little guy until we're both gasping for breath through our uncontrollable laughter?

Yes. Yes, it does.

At the very least, it turns cold, cloudy, rainy, snowy, icy, slushy, stuck inside, yucky days like today into brighter, happier ones.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little boy here who needs to be tickled.

2 comments:

Ashley Thalman said...

that is absolutely and utterly the best!

heath said...

Oh Linds, I have no words. Only a big grin!