Last week Sarah tagged me, and now that I've apparently finished showcasing all of Garrett's tricks (don't worry, folks, there will be more soon...there always is), I think I'll buckle down and be It for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure I've played this tag game before, or something similar to it, anyway, so I'll see if I can't spice it up just a bit.
1. jobs I have had:
- occasional babysitter
- regular babysitter
- Provo Library children's department summer volunteer
- Utah Valley hospital snack bar candy-striping volunteer
(okay, so I didn't get paid for those last two, but they were structured enough for me to consider them jobs)
- Target "blue world" salesfloor employee
- 5 Buck Pizza pizza-maker
- The Mac Hut macadamia nut seller
- BYU Morris Center cafeteria worker
(breakfast shift because I like to fool myself into thinking I'm a cheery morning person)
- Media Play book department employee
- Home Depot garden department employee and cashier
- Ricks College math department English vocabulary assignment grader
(because this math teacher believed in the importance of instilling the knowledge and use of big words in his calculus students)
- Ricks College math department math assignment grade enterer
- BYU Office of Information Technology reconciliation accountant
- Orem Junior High Utah history student teacher
(Yeah, didn't get paid for that one either...but it was work, dangit, so I'm counting it)
- Lakeridge Junior High remedial reading teacher
- temporary receptionist for some company in Springville
- Ball State Building Better Communities project management assistant
- Mother
(which is, hands down, the best job I've had so far. And, as you can see, I've had quite a few)
2. movies I could watch over and over again:
- Waking Ned Devine
- The Secret of Roan Inish
- BBC Pride and Prejudice
(because, come on, you couldn't very well call me a girl if I didn't list that one)
- Napoleon Dynamite
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- anything Wallace and Gromit
- The Man Who Planted Trees
3. favorite tv shows:
- 30 Rock
- The Office
- Heroes
(because let's face it: I'm sucked in and there's no going back)
- Ellen
- The Today Show
- Seinfeld
- Monk
4. favorite hobbies:
- reading
- writing
- 'rithmatic...heh heh...just kidding.
5. places I have lived:
- Provo, Utah
- Rexburg, Idaho
- Muncie, Indiana
- Brooklyn, New York
6. favorite foods:
- quiche lorraine
- manicotti
- fish tacos
- avocados
- peaches
- raspberries
- peaches with raspberries
- dark chocolate
- Swedish fish
7. places I'd rather be right now
- home. Wait. That's where I am. I'm happy here.
8. websites I check daily
- email
- blogs, blogs
- more blogs
- wikipedia...because there's usually something I'm dying to look up
9. who's It next:
- okay, so I'm boring, but I think I'm going to exercise my 42nd amendment right and not tag anyone. But if you want to play along anyway, feel free. I won't stop you.
10 comments:
I didn't know you worked at Orem Jr. and Lakeridge Jr. That's cool.
Oh, and who can't watch P&P over and over again?!
I think you and I could get along just fine. Right now I'm watching the BBC Jane Eyre that was on Masterpiece Theater awhile back. If you haven't seen it, you should get it from the library. It's awesome.
Did we ever discuss the fact that we both like The Secret of Roan Inish? Also, I watched Waking Ned Divine for the second time last week--Classic!
Oh, and I just have to comment that I liked the BBC Jane Eyre, but I feel like all versions of Jane Eyre spend far too little time on her childhood. Just in my opinion.
Love Pride and Prejudice... BBC version. I tell people who have only seen the most recent hollywood version that they have NO IDEA how truly remarkable Mr. Darcy can be when played by Colin Firth. Also love the Jane Eyre that you are watching... I own both movies mentioned above... and love the books. Have read them many, many, many times!
And good gracious woman you have had a lot of jobs!!
So, since you choose not to tag anyone, I'm going to jump up and down and wave my hand and scream, ME me me!! Because I can't think of anything to post today. So, I'm it!
Wow, you've done a lot! Go you! And peaches and raspberries and a little bit of vanilla yogurt sounds soo good right now. Way to trigger a craving!
I love reading these b/c it shows me how much like me others really are! Then I don't feel so bad.
Okay, lest you all think I've THAT many jobs because I'm irresponsible and can't hang on to one long, let me just say that usually I had more than one at a time. You do that, and you really can wrack up a lot of former employers.
you worked at 5 buck pizza? i didn't know that...which one? i can smell that stuff from a mile away...but it's good
Amy, I worked at the 5 Buck on Freedom Blvd in Provo. In fact, I was there when they moved from their old Freedom Blvd location (closer to Center St.) to the "new" one (near 700 N.) It's cheap pizza, yes, but for the price, not too bad.
I heart Mr Rochester AKA Toby Stephens. Or Stevens. Whichever. I love the list of places you've lived. So funny.
Post a Comment