Friday, June 01, 2007

A Few Things I Love Today

  1. My mom. Because she is great. Also, today is her birthday. So if you're also planning to spend your day at IKEA, and you happen to run into her, be sure to wish her a good one. Happy birthday, Mom!
  2. That I am of sound mind enough to get myself to Target to buy boxes of Kleenex. Because a drippy, sneezy nose waits for no one.
  3. The pregnancy comments I get these days from Blake. Things like: "Wow. You're getting big." And "Um, it looks like you spilled again." And "Are you having contractions? Maybe you should sit down and let me finish the dishes." And "So, do you still have a belly button?"
  4. Never having to wait more than 30 seconds in the waiting room at the doctor's office.
  5. Hearing my doctor tell me that 1) he considers me and this baby to be healthy, normal, and right on track; but more importantly that 2) the type and frequency of the contractions I've been having are completely normal.
  6. Finally being just about caught up with my photo album (note that I said photo album and not scrapbook. I do not scrapbook). Seriously, it's never a good idea to let yourself get 2.5 years behind on projects like that.
  7. Rummage sales. Because one of these days I WILL find a decent dresser for this baby. Like, maybe tomorrow.

What do you love today?

4 comments:

goddessdivine said...

Sounds like you have a lot to be happy about. And yay for no scrapbooking! It seems like so many young LDS women are totally into it. Not me. I finally put my mission pictures in an album last summer. I'm all about just slipping them into a little slot and moving on.

AmyJane said...

Ya'll are missing out on the scrapbooking bandwagon. I think it's the cutting and pasting that I love the best. That and the finished product. However, I do not discriminate against my friends who do not share my love. That's what makes me so nice. :)

N.F. said...

I love: watching Will & Grace, doing my laundry, and eating my Lean Cui*ine shrimp meal. It's dang good!

N.F. said...

PS, I have never understood either the fascination of scrapbooking. Tons of women in my ward do it--but not me.