Sunday, August 13, 2006

Chronology of Suspicious Activity

Saturday Morning:

Two days ago this tomato was ripening nicely on the vine.

Now it is sitting, half-eaten, next to the chipmunk tunnel by our front step.

I think our garden's been found out...

Saturday Afternoon:

Considering that all that is left of the tomato is the rind, my suspicions are mounting...


Sunday Morning:

Well, the red tomato is completely gone. Now it seems they're going for the green ones. (I personally only like the green ones fried, but to each his own, I suppose.)

Any thoughts on how to save our few remaining tomatoes from our nibbly chipmunk friends?

1 comment:

Blake said...

A truly unfortunate event! After all the peanuts we left on the front porch for the chipmunks, this is the gratitude they return. Not to mention, I frequently feel acorns crush under my shoes as I walk around our neighborhood.