Last night I dreamed I could fly. It was not a good thing.
Because as soon as I realized how high up I was, I lost my balance and started to fall. It was like somebody dropped me from a building 2,000 stories high.
Before I could land, I woke up suddenly. The room was hot. My clothes were sticking to me; I was dizzy and uncomfortable. Something wasn't right.
It was two in the morning. Blake was asleep next to me, but the light was still on. He must have fallen asleep reading.
I got out of bed to reassure myself that I could not fly and that I was not falling. While I was gone, Blake turned off the light. He also turned the fan to a higher speed. Already the room was getting cool.
I crawled back in bed and rolled to my side. The breeze from the fan hit my arms and the back of my neck.
I continued to dream of flying.
It was a long night.
2 comments:
That's terrible - I used to have flying dreams but if I fell I could somehow urge myself up again (in my mind? I don't know how I did it). If you talk about flying to Tyler, he will relate part of Hitchhiker's Guide to you and say that you should have just forced distraction on yourself. I empathize with you though - the night before last I had a horrible nightmare that there was a huge (like 10 inches wide) spider above me on the ceiling and it swooped down to my face and in our bed. I jumped out of bed and began frantically taking off the sheets so I could find the big spider. Tyler got up too but then got back in bed, reassuring me that there was no spider in the bed. I wasn't convinced right away and stood there staring at the bed, then I inspected my side better and thought "yeah, maybe that was just a dream," although it seemed very real to me, and reluctantly I got back in bed.
Yes, that's right.
Speaking of flying: How to Fly.
Post a Comment