Monday, July 31, 2006

In Case I Melt Today

It's supposed to be hot today. Really hot. The heat index is rumored to reach 110 degrees, which means that while the thermometer might say only 95, with the massive amounts of humidity, it will feel more like 110. That's like swimming in a hot tub, folks. And yes, before you think I'm about to eat my words, I still say that I enjoy a good humid climate more than a dry one, but, man, this just stinks.

So in case I melt because it's so hot, or drown because it's so humid, I wanted to let you all know that I beat Blake in Monopoly. Again. And this time I came out even more on top. But to spare my poor husband the shame, I didn't tally up the end-of-game totals. (But between you and me, I did extremely well, and that, again, it pays to have monopolies on the railroads and utilities, as well as a house or two on Boardwalk and Park Place.)

Our game, though, led to a sobering discussion about finances and how money has this knack for making things complicated. But I'm not going to talk about that. Complicated has this way of becoming oppressive, and well, if you want to discuss oppressive, you can talk about the heat. That's what I'm going to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just had rain, maybe it will come your way.

Sarah Kay said...

The heat is on...and our air conditioner blew a fuse. Hope you're surviving the heat like a trooper.

By the way, I agree with your take on humidity. It does wonders for my hair, and my skin hardly ever needs lotion. Did you ever notice the sweet smell humidity brings when the sun sets? Mmm.