Blake works to whip Lindsay into shape
Last night Blake and I finally buckled down and started what will hopefully become a regular exercise routine. He's teaching me how to run (because basic running knowledge somehow escaped me during all those years of PE). I'm a little doubtful...not that I don't want to one day be able to just throw on tennis shoes and run to relieve the stress of a long day, because I really do want to learn how to run. However, last night made me remember why I don't run. I think I almost died. Okay, I didn't really. But I do know that if this running thing is going to pan out, it's got to stop hurting so much.
Last night's routine consisted of stretching, jogging, walking (off the pain), sprinting, wheezing, jump roping, and resisting the urge to throw up. Tonight we're going to do it all again, only this time we'll do it on the Cardinal Greenway (which is an asphalt trail not too unlike the Provo River Trail that, in its former life, was once a railroad track). Maybe the Greenway will be more scenic and less peopled than our neighborhood. Wish me luck, because heaven knows I'll need more than my fair share of it.
Animal update
Yesterday we found a squirrel -- the first we've seen in our neighborhood (apparently the chipmunks have staked this as their own territory) -- climbing up our tree looking hungrily at the bird feeder. Well, bird seed being as it is for birds, I stepped outside to shoo it away. Only it turns out that he wasn't eyeing the feeder, he was hiding from an angry robin, who promptly attacked him as he scampered across the lawn and up into another tree. The squirrel appears to be fine, and the robin has cooled down some since.
Also, the chipmunks like peanuts.
NewsRadio on DVD
Turns out that 1) seasons of NewsRadio have been released on DVD, as evidenced by the fact that we found it available for check out at our local library and have been arranging our schedules so as to watch a few episodes, and 2) both Blake and I think this show is hilarious. Huh, small world (okay, so this doesn't really make the world any smaller). Also, Phil Hartman is extremely funny.
Beginning Lives of Even More Abject Poverty
Last night we sat down and closely examined The Financial Situation. After several rounds of dissecting and investigation, we have decided that it is in our best interest to live on an even tighter budget. We'll see how this goes. This is going to take much hard-core discipline (and we thought we were disciplined before -- ha!), but I think it's do-able. Especially because by doing this we will one day be allowed to move up in the world. And that's an exciting thought to consider.
And that's it. For now.
1 comment:
"To fly, you'll need to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Difficulty arises because if one is truly trying properly to throw themselves at the ground and fails to miss, chances are that one will fail to miss the ground quite hard."
- Douglas Adams
"I'm a runner. I'm winner. Things are gonna change, I can feel it."
- Not Douglas Adams
Post a Comment