Tuesday, October 06, 2009

six weeks

And starting to smile.



He's no pro -- yet. But he's well on his way.

It's hard to believe that Caleb is six weeks old already. The time has gone by in a blur for me, with my days running together so hazily that I can hardly tell the difference between the Monday 24 hours ago the Monday a month ago. I am perpetually exhausted and have a headache (resulting both from Caleb's colicky screams and Garrett's high-pitched happy squeals) that just won't go away. And though my daily routines are starting to hint again at normalcy, we've still got a way to go. But I am happy with the state of my life right now and the people who are in it, and that apparently is all I need to keep me going.

8 comments:

vdg family said...

Is there truly normalacy with children?

You are doing fabulously! Good job Lindsay.

Carrie said...

He's a cutie and here's to hoping that some sort of normalcy returns soon.

amanda said...

What adorable smiles! So cute. Don't worry - I am sure things will get easier with time! I hope your headache goes away. Do you get spurts of silence when they are asleep?

lori said...

Oh, Lindsay! Those first few months of mothering a new babe are so hard! They're wonderful, too, of course. But there are hard. Sending happy thoughts your way!! Life with a headache is no good!

GR82BAMOM said...

You are doing your best, Lindsay, and it shows.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I think he looks a tiny bit like Garrett when he smiles.

I'm sure you will emerge from this time much stronger and hopefully without a headache. Thinking of you!

JoEllen said...

It seems to take forever to be able to fall back into your daily routine, but then when it happens your baby is suddenly 2 months old! Time flies. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the moments!

Caleb is adorable. I can't wait to see his "professional" smile! :)

Mel said...

My days too have been a blur and I too am perpetually exhausted. But at least you manage to get to your computer to type and put pictures up! Good job!