Garrett and Lucy
This first one is of Garrett playing with his second cousin, Lucy. Lucy is two months younger than Garrett and a full head shorter. This video might lead you to believe that Garrett was more interested in banging cups together than with getting to know his cousin, but if you could have seem them spend the week together, you'd know better. Garrett loved Lucy; he burst into a babbling grin every time he saw her. Sure, he had a bad habit of taking her playthings and claiming them as his own, but since he's only one, I think we'll cut him some slack this time.
Gimpy Garrett
Garrett doesn't look like a monkey anymore when he's on the go. His scoot has now evolved into a gimpy crawl that makes him look more like a little crippled baby than the healthy little boy he really is. Think a 12-month-old Tiny Tim or an infant Igor and you'd be just about on par with his movements.
Bonding with Uncle Riley's Glasses
This next video highlights some special bonding time Garrett had with my brother. Riley would hold Garrett up over his head, let him grab his glasses, then sit him back down on his lap. Garrett would then very willingly give Riley back his glasses, but only if he'd rub the ear tips along his face. Judging by the string of drool that falls from his mouth, I think it's safe to say that the face rub felt dang good. After a bit, Riley would put his glasses back on, at which point Garrett would beg to be lifted up again so they could do this all over again (and again, and again).
Garrett Has a Ball
Garrett Has a Ball
At the reunion we had a family talent show where everyone was expected to participate. Garrett decided (or, rather, we decided for him) that he should showcase his knack for being a boy by rolling a ball back and forth to us. Unfortunately, Garrett doesn't do so well in front of crowds, whether or not he's performing, so our little act was less than stellar. Once we got home, though, he decided to trump that talent by demonstrating to us that he can not only roll a ball when requested, but he can bounce it, too. So, for all the family out there who were perhaps a bit disappointed with his first act, here, a few days overdue, is his even better talent.
8 comments:
So. Stinkin'. Cute.
That is all.
I like those balls, where did you get them?
I had the same question- Where did you get those balls? They look really cool.
Those balls ARE really cool! We love them! They're easily inflatable, so they're very portable. A friend of mine gave them to me when she was cleaning out her closets in preparation for a move. I believe she found them last year on clearance at Target. In fact, I think they were made (or at least distributed) by Target. I don't know if they'd still carry them (they might have been a one-season-only ball), but it's definitely worth taking a look.
Wow! Riley is all grown-up... which I should understand, but in my mind I was picturing little Riley.
I LOVE watching babies with each other, and I think those balls and Garrett's talent is SO COOL!
I love that Garrett and Lucy love playing with cups. that is a favorite toy at our house too. Little Sal loves to stack cups, put various things in the cups and bang them together. Good thing he has all those other toys...
Yes - that would be a gimp leg crawl there ... Hehe. And more teeth without all the fuss?! Way to go!
Great videos! And I'm glad you had such fun on your vacation. How funny is it that Sophia and Garrett both adopted a late crawlers gimpy version. Garrett is much, much faster than Sophia ever is though. She crawls slowly and the least amount possible, I swear! And I think we're working on molars too, I was shocked to see them swollen on her, but don't worry she is having a TERRIBLE time breaking them through - she must be taking Garrett's pain for him! Maybe it runs in the fam, my sister said her son's molars were the H. word. Bring it on, I guess is the only thing to say. :)
Post a Comment