Three posts in one day? This must be some kind of record. But I can't go to bed without sharing with you a fascinating article I read today in The New Yorker called "The Lion and the Mouse." It's about the inter-mingling careers and vastly differing opinions and ideologies of Anne Carroll Moore, the first children's librarian, and E. B. White, author of Stuart Little and Charlotte's Web.I am a sucker for the likes of E. B. White, and children's literature? You know I eat it up! I have an idea that there are several among my readership who feel the same. So for those of you who click and read the article (I won't lie -- it's long), do enjoy!
2 comments:
As a future children's librarian, I thank you for linking me to this. Deeply and sincerely.
Amazing how completely librarians have swung in the opposite direction (ie from censorship to freedom to read :)
Post a Comment