You like? Please note that the red in the rug and the red of the couch match perfectly. I couldn't be more pleased.
After we purchased this rug, we played a game of Musical Carpet, moving the old living room rug into Garrett's room (where it certainly livens up the place), followed by the replacement of Garrett's old rug in our bedroom (where it matches better). I love having a sturdier rug in Garrett's room, especially now that we've finally installed an a/c in one of his windows. It only took us halfway through the summer's second heatwave (which, thankfully, seems to have subsided a bit overnight) to get it hooked up, but now that it's in, we've taken to holing up our sweaty selves in his room, with the air cranked high and the door closed tight. It works out great: Garrett roams his now better babyproofed room (another Saturday project) and plays while we hang out and either play with him or read or just chat.
8 comments:
Notice I didn't leave a comment about the rug... You will be happier with this one, especially since you had the budget to get it. The couch is GREAT!! You know how much I LOVE RED :)
Lookin' good in your place! And it sounds like you two have been busy busy. But I definitely agree that the AC would be worth the work. There's nothing nicer on a hot day than to know that you can go home and relax in the coolness.
great choice! i love the new rug. esp since it was affordable :)
Wow!! That was a quick find, and oh so perfect! Love it. They look fantastic together.
Is it weird that I keep trying to picture you guys hauling the couch up the stairs? Aren't you a few floors up? I have fond memories of couches and third-story apartments... :)
It looks fabulous. Well done.
Melissa, let me put your thoughts at ease: We are on the 3rd floor, but the delivery men hauled it up for us.
We were, however, responsible for getting the old couch down, which happened to be much longer than the new one. Two nights before the new couch's scheduled delivery, Blake and our bishop (who lives around the corner and down the block) lugged it down and out to the curb. They had to get creative in our narrow entry way and down the narrow stairwell, but they did a great job.
LOVE the new rug! They look great together.
Post a Comment