Hello all! Just dropping in quickly to report that vacations really are like little slices of heaven. We are having a fabulous time here in the Lone Star State -- even though for a while there it wasn't looking like we'd get to spend this fabulous time in tropical weather. No worries, though...we've warmed up. Blake's family is incredibly hospitable, and I for one am having a lovely time rubbing shoulders with the in-laws. Christmas was nice -- very nice -- and full of fun, good cheer, and lots (and lots and lots) of delicious food. (Seriously -- if you want good food, come hang out at this house over the holidays!)
Yesterday we day-tripped to a small German town about an hour away called Fredericksburg. The thing to do in Fredericksburg is park the car and walk Main Street, poking your head in any number of the cool little shops they have. I got giddy in a quilt shop, and we all were awed by this five-and-dime store that honestly sells everything you didn't know still existed, and we all went cuckoo in this cool little place called Bath Junkie. I don't know how many of you have heard of this chain seeing as I learned that they are pretty much just located in the south, but they are freaking awesome (as I'm sure my sister would say, had she the chance to go to one). It's like a Bath and Body Works, only you get to be the fragrance artist. First, you pick out a scent from this rather large stockpile of scented oils. If you're feeling flamboyant, you can mix scents to create something uniquely yours. Then you pick out what you want that scent to turn into -- lotion, shower gel, perfume, etc. And then an employee will mix it up for you and voila! You have your very own fragrance! I was a total sucker for their honeysuckle scent and now I'm the proud owner of a 1/3 ounce bottle of honeysuckle perfume.
Today is Family Photo Day, and this afternoon we're all going to dress in our best browns and creams, park ourselves by a river, and get photographed. Aside from wedding photos (which don't really count anyway), this will be my first time sitting for a formal family portrait with a family I didn't grow up with. Should be fun. Anyway, I'm off...must make myself presentable for the camera, you know. Toodle-oo!
2 comments:
Good luck with the pics...you can see how not well ours turned out on my blog!
Thanks! We actually got to see the proofs the day before we left. Most of them turned out pretty cute -- I was impressed. :) If I end up with a digital copy, maybe I'll post it.
(BTW -- yours did too turn out well! At least, I thought so.)
Post a Comment