Tuesday, May 13, 2008

we're taking it up a notch, butter bean


After learning from the best at an Enrichment activity last Saturday on how to make beaded earrings, I made three pair of my own. Which is great, except for one tiny problem: I don't have my ears pierced. (Are you shocked? Because I think maybe you should be.)

So, what to do with three pair of incredibly chic earrings and no pierced ears? Why, host a blog giveaway, of course! After all, it's what all the cool bloggers do, and really, what is blogging if not one giant online popularity contest? So I'm raising the stakes and taking things up a notch.

One lucky winner will receive all three pairs of my handmade earrings. If you want these lovelies to adorn your ears, just sing my praises in the form of a comment on this post. (Actually, any comment will do, but if you want to say nice things, I certainly won't stop you.)

Don't have your ears pierced? Not a problem! Holey lobes are not a requirement to win. In fact, these puppies would make a great gift for someone special, don't you think? So what are you waiting for? Leave a comment on this post and add your name to the selection pool! The more the merrier!


The Fine Print:
- You have until 12:00 AM on Friday, May 16th to enter.
- I will randomly select and announce a winner this weekend.
- Please, only one entry per person.
- Also, anonymous entries will be ignored.
- And - gold stars to anyone who knows where my post title was stolen - excuse me, borrowed - from.

32 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I thought your answer was to get your ears pierced.

Cute earrings.

KaLee said...

I've really enjoyed reading for over a year--and getting to know you better this last little while. Thank goodness for blogging! You're fabulous!

Jessica said...

Wow, those look amazing! Count me in.

Unknown said...

My gma didn't have pierced ears either. But when my gpa brought home a pair of pearl earrings for their 50th anniversary, guess who got holes in her ears so she could wear them? I guess you never know what could happen :) cute earrings-I am fully pierced and ready for them :)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

My mom pierced her ears when my sister pierced hers, so maybe it's not too late for you either.
Count me in for the give away, you fancy blogger, you.

goddessdivine said...

What?! No pierced ears? Actually, I think that makes you a little more interesting.

I don't wear earrings all too often, so these lovely items would almost be a waste on me. I'd much rather they go to a more useful home.

Tianna said...

I think this is just a sneaky way to get people to comment on your blog. Brilliant, but sneaky. ;)

Lindsay said...

Tianna - I'm not on a comment quest. Really. I was overwhelmed enough by the response to this post. No, this is just a more exciting way to pass on earrings I don't have holes for to someone who does. :)

Scrappy said...

What a great idea. And cute earrings, too. Maybe you could start a business!

Janetta said...

Count me in! You are very talented in even more ways than I thought! What a fun idea to do a giveaway...I might steal, um borrow that idea from you one day :o)

RJ said...

I want them! I want them! (says Rachel like Sophia if she could talk when reaching for the keys on my keyboard.)

Kimberly said...

So, I decided to look up the name of that post on the internet (no, I didn't know it off the top of my head), but it's from Seinfeld. The title of the episode is "The Blood". Although the quote it actually says is, "Don't lie to me, butter bean. We're taking it up a notch." Maybe that was the script and they twisted it around when they filmed. Who knows. I haven't seen that one, I don't think. But the earrings are adorable. I tried to make some when I was younger, but they ended up in the trash. They weren't so cute. Count me in! Brittany say's she's never going to pierce her ears either, so you have a friend in the no hole business.

JoEllen said...

I think the earrings are adorable and I love FREE items! I think a give away is such a cute idea.

Kelly said...

Lloyd Bridges plays an old, old, old wannabe tough guy who is always challenging Jerry and ends up in the hospital. Funny episode, btw.

I think this is a much better way to get peeps to comment on your blog. It is much more effective than the peek-a-boo game, I think. Plus, offering cute, chic earrings is a diabolically clever plan. Sheer genius.

Did I mention that you are really smart?

Jenny P. said...

my ears are wonderfully holy and ready to be adorned, so count me in!!

And now for singing your praises... love your blog, love the way you write, think your baby is second only to my own kids in adorableness,(I mean really, what kind of a mother would I be if my kids weren't the cutest... but Garrett is a close second), and I think I would want to be your best friend if we were neighbors.

Claudia said...

I love them!!! ... I would love to have even is it's just one pair!
I've always love handmade jewelry, lots of mine are from my country (Chile), I also have pairs from Spain, Australia, Portugal and my last addition is from Turkey, not that I've been to any of this places but my "american mom" has and any time she travels she brings me a pair! I would love to add a NY pair to my little collection. Better yet, I can tell everyone who made it!!

I've loved your blog since day one!
The gift of wording everything so pretty and entertaining! Your love for God, your family and everything else. And OF COURSE MR. GARRETT!!

Please consider me ... even if is just one pair! I would love to have them all but let's not be greedy ... ha ha ha

Disco Mom said...

Let me in! Can't miss out on the fun. It would be so zen-full-circle if I won them, but also kind of unfair.

Laura said...

Lovely! And surely fun to make, too!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh! What talent you have! Those are so cute! Could you do a blog on how to make them? (Just in case I happen to not win them) I am so very useless at crafts… but I still get this urge to try every once in a while… Chris laughs as the entire house is turned upside down for me to produce one hair bow or one painted board with letters.

Kelsey Carreon said...

Those are great earrings ( I came over from Kari's blog)

The blog title would be from Seinfeld.

erin said...

How did I miss this post initially? Those are super cute! And I echo Lyndsie. Even if I don't win, I would love to learn how to make those.

Emily said...

Ok, i'm in on the contest, though i vote they go to Rachel since she couldn't make it to the activity. Have all these posts convinced you to get your ears pierced yet? ;) too much pierce pressure? hah! sorry, i had to...

Karin said...

Enter me too please....thanks!

Terri Fisher said...

I just found your blog and I just made my first beaded jewelry...what a coincidence! Now I'm fascinated with that whole art form. These earrings look fabulous...thanks for sharing!

Terri
tfisher83 AT myexcel DOT com

jeanine said...

Ooh! So pretty! I"d love to own them ;)

Erin said...

Ooh, ooh pick me! Although I think you need to splurge and go get your ears pierced.

Wright Family said...

Don't you want those earring to stay on your lamp shade? Those are way cute. You did a great job. Did you hear Wally Jr. is getting married? I heard he built a huge stage set to ask her or something. I'll have to get the juicy details and pass them on to you.

frugallm said...

I love them! Count me in!

Bunny B said...

Wheee.... I googled and it's form Seinfeld :P
Lovely earrings. I'd love to give them a new home :) Thanks for the chance dear!
x

bunnybox9 at gmail dot com

alishka babushka said...

oo! pick me! i'm new to your blog, but I'm loving it. :)

Leslie said...

I don't have my ears pierced, but I just can't resist entering these giveaways! I'm very impressed with your jewelry making skills

Claudia said...

Do I get an extra "point" if I leave 2 comments???

:o)