My mom called last night and, with a tremble in her voice, told me, "President Hinckley died this evening." She cried, and I cried, and when I told Blake, who was reading in bed next to me, we cried. And, even though I know we all felt peaceful about it, how could we not? He's the prophet I grew up with. He's the man who planted temples throughout the world for me to visit as I've moved across the country. I am sad for myself because I will miss his firmly gentle admonitions and optimistic charisma. But my testimony of eternal families leaps to a new level as I imagine the happy reunion he now enjoys in the arms of his beloved wife.

3 comments:
Very well said.
What?!!
That's what I get for not turning on the news last night nor picking up my paper this morning.
This makes me soooo sad. Seriously.
Thanks for the tribute.
Very similar feelings at our house.
Love to you.
Post a Comment