For reasons I can't quite name, I have always considered bean bags to be a good educational toy to have around the house. This week, prompted by a sharing time lesson plan that called for the use of one, I pulled out a pile of fabric scraps, put dried beans on my grocery list, and tried my hand at making some. They were remarkably easy -- especially for someone with my very meager sewing skills -- and I now have fourteen bean bags to prove it. I'm not yet sure what I'll do with them all, but I'm confident that Garrett will help me think of something. He's already discovered them to be useful things to toss gleefully around the house.
14 comments:
Those turned out so cute. What a great idea to patchwork bean bags. I love them.
Dude! Totally craftsy. You could totally use these for a bean bag toss at a carnival or something. In the meantime, I'm sure Garrett will enjoy just throwing them around.
My visiting teachers happen to make me a bean bag CD with songs and such to use with bean bags. Maybe I'll have to craft up some bean bags myself and put it all together for a little giveaway. In the meantime, perhaps you'd like a copy of the CD?
Whoa, you even made cute ones!
a must i agree. and very cute
Super cute. You sure know how to get your craft on. :)
I don't know how I missed your last update to your blog, but I've wondered the same thing about Elmo. Why not Grover or Cookie Monster?? I love the bean bags! I hope you are having a fabulous time. Love you.
Those are super cute. Bean bags are so fun for the kids... but I can somehow see my kids finding a way to hurt each other with them. But I think that may be my next sewing attempt!
Good job on the bean bags! It looks like Garrett really likes them. Maybe next time we go to my mother's house we'll try making some with solid colors to help Liam learn his colors. She's the professional seamstress. I can't sew worth for beans.
Those bags are so cute! Last year our primary presidency held a meeting for all of the teachers and handed out a little care package for handling the students on Sunday. We got a couple pictures of Jesus a bunch of ideas and a bean bag. We keep the bean bag with us as there's always a use for one in our lessons and the kids would rather toss a bean bag around than raise their hands to answer the questions.
The patch work is a darling idea! I just made some for Lucy for Easter and I wish I had thought of that!! They are so cute!!
I don't know why either, but I've always thought of them as educational tools too. Maybe it's because they can be counted? I think you've inspired me to get out the old Bernina and sew some up for Miles :o)
Those look great! Very colorful and they look like they are the perfect size for little hands too.
I can remember when my kids were that age, I made a bunch of bean bags too. I believe I was in the Primary, and I made them for some activity we were doing. Do you know, I still have those same bean bags? We used those so many times throughout the years, especially with home schooling activities, Family Home Evening, etc.
Post a Comment