Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Heartbeat

At my doctor's appointment yesterday I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. I love hearing the heartbeat. It's reassuring to know that something is really living and growing in there. Reassuring, but also breathtaking and beautiful. It was much louder this time, I'm assuming because the baby has grown, but it was still just as fast and furious as at previous check-ups. I think my appointments always get scheduled during the baby's play time because, judging by those heartbeats, this is one active kid!

At my next appointment, in a month, we'll talk ultrasound. I am excited for that, and so is Blake. The first time, back in December, that we got to see our little bean of a baby, it was quite the miracle in large part because it was visual proof that the miscarriage I was told to expect wasn't in fact happening. But it was also incredible because we could actually see it. We could watch that heart beating so rapidly as if to tell us, "See? I'm here! And I'm alive!" And it was breathtaking and beautiful.

I'm excited to meet this little person with the heartbeat I love to listen to.

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

Awwwww... see? You're already a great mommy who loves her baby. Are you going to find out what it is?

Lindsay said...

Thanks Amyjane. Yeah, I think we've finally decided that we'd like to find out the gender. We're too curious not to. :)

Sara said...

I'm so excited for you!!!